RURAL & URBAN SLUM HEALTH MISSION
There are so many aspects in medical social services which are interlinked with the technicalities of health care and the concepts of social development. People are more receptive when they suffer! Taking advantage of this “receptive state of mind”, health care provision can act as a tool of motivation and social change. It would be fascinating to see such social experiments being undertaken by a health care provider.
In our quest to fulfill our promises of providing “affordable health services to all”, we have an outreach program under which we have been screening and providing basic health care to the people in the vicinity of Amravati. In last three years, DHIMSR has conducted 15 health camps in various Urban Slums, Rural Areas near Amravati and in Melghat. Till date we have provided free services to about 1000 needy patients from slums & villages by organizing free health check up camps.
- Hargovind Chartawas, Dharni– 80 patients screened and distributed free of cost medicines.
- Health awareness talks organized by Olava Foundation for Self Help Groups in slums.
- Vivekananda Chatrawas run by NGO Pradhnya Prabodhini Amravati organized health check up of tribal students residing in their hostel. DHIMSR took “the health patronage” of 20 hostel students and its warden couple for their health problems.
- Health Screening Camp in Urban slum Hanuman Nagar: 200 patients screened and treated with free medications.
- Peripheral Outreach Program initiated by DHIMSR & conducted a health camp at Mahuli Chor, a small village 35 Km from Amravati where 150 patients were screened and treated.
- Free Dental Checkup of school children: 30 students
- Adolescent Girls Health Awareness Talk at Bhartiya Vidyalay.
- Health camp at Hivra budruk a small village 30 Km from Amravati: 250 patients screened
- Free Health Check up camp of 25 full time social workers.
- A seminar on Body Donation & Organ donation: Awareness talk & panel discussion
- Rugna Sewa Sadan: Cervical Cancer & Breast Cancer screening camp 75 patients screened, 15 PAPS, 5 others.
- Bone Mineral Density Measurement & Osteoporosis Detection camp at DHIMSR: 100 patients screened free of cost.
- Amravati Cancer Relief Society, Chichfail: Cervical Cancer & Breast Cancer screening camp 25 patients screened, 5 PAPS.
- Health Check up of 20 NGO volunteers.
- Health Check Up Camp for the Industrial Labor Class of Shree Vallabh Gas agencies 15 patients.